England and South Africa will be playing a limited-overs series in November.
The limited-overs series to be held between England and South Africa had already received the go signal that it had needed in order to push through. After Cricket South Africa (CSA) had agreed to the travel exemptions for Eoin Morgan’s squad, the games had already been finalized.
As per ECB CEO Tom Harrison, ‘We owe it to the sport that we do everything we can to keep international competition progressing during this pandemic. Series against the Proteas are always exciting and intense. We saw that earlier this year in South Africa and we can expect the same this time around’.
During these uncertain times for CSA that a scheduled match has been confirmed, CSA acting CEO Kugandrie Govender says, ‘This is a wonderful boost for cricket. We are also very grateful to the England and Wales Cricket Board for the support they have given us in many areas and we will be able to draw on their own experiences and help in organising and running international cricket under bio-secure conditions’.
‘This is a first for us and we commit to learn quickly and with great responsiveness as we have an action-packed international season ahead of us’, she added.
This tour has indeed served as great news for CSA who is currently facing serious financial problems. With the upcoming tour that had been approved, the board will now have a guaranteed income that can help them.
After having last played on March 7, the South African team can now take part in three ODIs and three T20Is. The said games will be held inside a biosecure bubble to ensure the safety of the players and the staff. The tour is scheduled to take place from November 27 to December 9 where four games are to be played in Newlands while the other two are to be held in Paarl. To further understand the different formats of cricket, head over to Betwala.
READ MORE: A Beginner’s Guide on How to Play Cricket