Australian player Mitchell Starc has withdrawn himself from the T20 series against India due to personal reasons.
Australian pacer Mitchell Starc has withdrawn himself from Australia’s T20 squad and had left the bio-secure bubble before the second T20I took place. This followed after he had learned that one of his family members fell ill.
Starc has already played the first T20I on December 4. After he leaves, the team will have to make new changes in their lineup following the injuries of David Warner, Ashton Agar, and Marcus Stoinis. Still, it was confirmed by the International Cricket Council (ICC) that Starc will not be replaced as Andrew Tye and Daniel Sams are already a part of the squad.
‘There is nothing in the world more important than family and in this case, Mitch (Starc) is no exception. We will give Mitch all the time he needs and welcome him back into the squad with open arms whenever he feels the time is right for him and his family’, Australian head coach Justin Langer said.
Aside from the fact that he will miss out the remainder of the T20 series, Starc had also missed the third ODI that was played against India due to some problems in his back and in his rib. Still, he was able to return for the first T20I and took 2/34.
Talking about Starc’s importance to the team, Aaron Finch says, ‘We know he's a great bowler. The amount of times he's got us out of jail in one-day cricket, T20 cricket he's got a few credits, don't worry about that’.
At this point, it remains unclear if Starc will be able to rejoin the team for the Test series that will take place in Adelaide. So far, the focus of the team remains in their T20I squad as they will; also be without Pat Cummins who had been rested ahead of the series.
The last T20I match of the series will take place at the Sydney Cricket Grounds. So far, the odds for the game are -102.04 for the Aussies and -131.58 for the Men in Blue. to learn more about the odds of other upcoming matches, visit Betwala.
READ MORE: Cricket Odds